And that is just the start of the good news for our boys, as they are still at rest today after the bye week. In the meantime, other teams battled it out in Week 5, with Monday Night Football still to come tonight. Here are some notable stories from yesterday’s games around the NFL.
- Injuries around the league continue to pile up. This week we saw Trent Green get another concussion (photo above), Micheal Pittman was the starting RB in Tampa, for a second, now is out 6-8 weeks. Deion Branch, Santonio Holmes, and Damon Huard also left games after being dinged. Good news for Bengal fans, as Brodie Croyle gets the nod for KC next week against Cincinnati.
- Falcons TE Alge Crumpler calls his offense, the worst in the NFL after a 20-13 loss to Tennessee.
- The Chargers may be back after a 41-3 drubbing of Denver
- The Bears avoided a 1-4 start by beating Green Bay last night and ruining the Farve love fest.
- The Colts remained perfect despite not having their top WR (Harrision) and thier top RB (Addai) on the field.
More to come, including a look at the remaining Bengals schedule and how we think they might fare…..