As everyone knows by now, injuries are a part of the NFL season for every team. The Bengals have had an extra bad dose of them through the first quarter of the season and could badly use this upcoming week off. Before the break, the team got together for practice yesterday, here is the latest on the walking wounded as well as a new signing.
- Only one Linebacker dressed for practice yesterday (Dhani Jones), Landon Johnson (eye) appeared on the field and looked to be fine with nothing on his eye. Anthony Schlegel is apparently still dealing with his turf toe. Rashard Geanty was seen getting some work in on the side with strength and conditioning coaches.
- Chad Johnson was seen wearing a walking boot after an apparent ankle injury, but should not miss any time.
- Lemar Marshall suffered a season-ending torn left Achilles tendon in Monday night’s game against New England and was put on injured reserve.
- Rudi Johnson should be back in week 6 after some rest.
- Concerns about tackle Willie Anderson continue to mount, and he missed another practice yesterday.
- The Bengals signed linebacker Corey Mays off waivers from New England.
The Bengals have a practice this morning and then get the weekend off….