The Bengals travel out west this weekend to take on the Seattle Seahawks. The Hawks are just one year removed from their NFC title season that saw them lose in the Super Bowl to Pittsburgh. They enter this game sitting at 1-1, just like our Bengals, but have the advantage of home field and also an opportunity to face a reeling Bengals defense.
Cincy on the other hand, of course has tons to prove suddenly. While the offense was hitting on all cylinders at times last week, the D left lots to be desired. First, here is a bit of history about this matchup.
- The Bengals – Seahawks are 8-8 all time against each other.
- The last time these teams met was in 2003 when Jon Kitna‘s 53-yard touchdown pass to Chad Johnson and two tipped interceptions gave Cincinnati a 27-24 victory.
Here are some of our keys to this weekends game for the Bengals if they want to pull out what would be a big road win.
- DEFENSE – Yeah, its the obvious and easy choice, but still, the Bengals need to get it back together this week to make us forget the Browns game. Facing Shaun Alexander will be a huge test for the run defense that yielded over 200 yards to over the hill Jamal Lewis last week. But it is the overall defense that really needs to create a couple turnovers and hold Seattle under 20 points somehow.
- Carson Palmer – Palmer was mostly on last week, but did throw two picks that really came at crucial times. He needs to play mistake free ball in what should be a loud enviroment in Seattle. Another big game from Palmer could mean a Bengals W this week.
- Special Teams (Again) – We will continue to highlight this until the Bengals act like they care. Last week Cribbs was the one burning the Bengals S/T for big kickoff return gains, and this week Nate Burleson is licking his chops for Seattle. The Bengals have to limit this aspect of the game this week!
Game predictions below…..
Our prediction. The Bengals will fall somewhere in the middle of the past two week and play Seattle tough. But being on the road will prove too much, Seattle 30 Bengals 28.